Shipping and Returns Polices
These Terms refer to the Customer in the second person and to us in the third person. We refer to ourselves in the first person Our contact details are on our website and (in the paper version of this document) overleaf. You may contact us by post and e-mail.
We accept orders only under our Terms of Business current at the time of your order. This document shows the Terms current at the date shown. Only a director of ours may vary our Terms of Business.
An order is accepted and a contract exists between you and us when we send you confirmation of the order. Failure of a cheque to be cleared or credit card payment refusal will cancel the contract and entitle us to legal remedies.
Because wine is bottled in different shaped bottles, the indications of capacities of different versions of products are approximate only.
Manufacturer’s specifications of goods offered by us are subject to change without notice.
Prices and Payment
You must pay in full when you order unless the goods are not then in stock. We require a deposit of 50% for products not in stock when we confirm your order.
The balance must be paid when we inform you that the goods are in stock.
Goods are offered subject to availability and only at prices current at the time of order.
Dispatch and Delivery
Delivery will usually be within 4-6 weeks of acceptance of the order but we do not guarantee any particular delivery date until we have made final delivery arrangements with you, which we will do when the item is received at our warehouse from the manufacturer.
Deliveries are made direct to site by arrangement Monday to Friday (holidays excepted) between 7.30 am and 5.00 pm. No time for delivery is guaranteed; timing statements are estimates only as routes are planned in the most logical and cost-effective way.
We bear the cost of delivery to addresses on UK mainland.
We make a delivery surcharge on the UK mainland in the following circumstances:-
- For delivery guaranteed to take place to comply with customers’ requirements concerning timing.
- If it is not possible to effect delivery at the first attempt on the date advised for delivery.
- Delivery to a location other than a ground floor. We deliver only to a ground floor unless special arrangements have been made with us.
- We also make a surcharge for a UK delivery off UK mainland and for delivery to a location outside the UK.
- You must make and pay for any necessary arrangements for delivery vehicles to comply with parking restrictions, this includes any congestion charges.
You must make sure
- That delivery may be made to a ground floor location (or to another location if that has first been agreed with us).
- That fragile or delicate item (including floorings) are suitably protected and that the final location and route to it from a suitable parking point is flat and reasonably unobstructed.
- You may ask us to survey at your cost the suitability of the intended location or the route to it and then we will accept responsibility for this if, at delivery, our recommendations have been adopted and the other circumstances are unchanged.
We are not responsible for non-delivery or delay in delivery (even if a surcharge has been made for guaranteed delivery time) because of
- Circumstances outside our control
- The inaccessibility or unsuitability of the intended location or the route to it, and in such case we may suspend or postpone delivery or cancel our contract with you. If we cancel the contract, we will refund to you a fair and reasonable amount of the money you have paid to us depending upon the circumstances, but specifically, if it is not possible to deliver a special factory order because of the inaccessibility or unsuitability of the location intended for it we will not be under any obligation to make any refund unless and until we are able to resell the item in question (without being under any responsibility to you for the price at which we resell it) and then the sum we refund will take into account that resale price and all other relevant factors.
- We are not in any circumstances liable for any consequential loss or damage arising from any delay in delivery or in any failure to deliver.
We insure goods we deliver to you until they are delivered or collected or, (if we cannot deliver goods at the first attempt) until we make that first attempt, but after that time the goods will be at your risk, whether or not ownership has passed.
We are not liable for loss damage or shortcomings unless we receive written details within 7 days of the delivery of the item.
We are not liable for any claim for loss damage or shortcomings that should be apparent at delivery if you have acknowledged receipt without qualification about that loss damage or shortcoming.
Provided they are installed and used in accordance with the Instructions for Installation and Use supplied to you with the product, we guarantee products supplied by us for a period of 2 years from the date of delivery against defects of manufacture and materials. We will replace or repair (at our discretion) parts showing such defects and reported to us during the guarantee period. Goods collected from us by you or on your behalf are not guaranteed against damage or breakdown arising from transit.
We will not be under any responsibility or liability for any consequential loss or damage that may arise out of the goods supplied by us, the use of those goods and/or any defects in them.
Service calls under guarantee to goods found not to be defective will be charged at the rates applied to service calls generally.
Free ‘Take Back’ available under the WEEE Regulations
Vino Master offers customers a free ‘Take Back’ on their old electric items. This is offered on a like-for-like basis. Therefore if you purchase an electric item from us you can return your old wine conditioning unit or wine cabinet back to us and we will dispose of it in an appropriate manner under the WEEE regulations.
You have 28 days in which to return your old items to us and the cost of returning the items, if you buy your new wine conditioning unit or wine cabinet from us online, is to be covered by you.
For your information, under the WEEE regulations:
- All new electrical goods should be marked with the crossed-out wheelie bin symbol and be disposed of separately from normal household waste.
- The amount of WEEE items we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
If you are a consumer (non-business) buyer and you placed your order without ever visiting our showroom, seeing us at an exhibition or having another direct personal contact with us, and your order does not include any special option item, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 give you a right to cancel this contract up to the end of the 7th working day after the day of delivery.
To exercise the right to cancel you must inform us in writing within that time limit. We will then arrange with you to collect the item. In the meantime, you must take reasonable care of the item and not use it. The item must be in a stock re-saleable condition in the original packaging. We will refund the money you have paid after deducting the cost of original delivery and of collection and return to our warehouse. If we refuse the item we will return it to you at your cost.
If you wish to return the goods more than 7 working days after we have delivered the goods to you, you must not have used them and must have kept them in the condition they were delivered. You must return them to us or request us to collect them, in either case at your cost. There will be an additional administration charge of 25% of the purchase price of the goods returned over and above the transport costs.
Otherwise, we reserve all our rights in law in respect of buyers who cancel or repudiate their contract including our right to retain a deposit.